About the Role:
As our new Backend Engineer, you'll dive into creating and improving our backend systems, focusing on efficiency, innovation, and scalability. You'll collaborate with the entire tech team to make Deepshot run faster and better. Our main stack is React/NodeJs/Postgres.
What You will Do:
- Develop and maintain backend systems using Node.js and Python.
- Maintain backend documentation (sometimes as simple as a well-structured openapi doc).
- Utilize PostgreSQL databases for data storage solutions, ensuring performance and security.
- Collaborate on front-end integration, with an understanding of React basics.
- Oversee new and old CI/CD pipelines within GCP (Google Cloud Platform), striving for efficiency and reliability.
- Manage and utilize GCP services, focusing on being cheap and scalable.
- Architect and maintain robust service structures across GCP and 3rd party cloud providers.
- Contribute to a team-oriented environment through collaborative problem solving and quick turnaround.
What we are looking for:
- Practical experience in Computer Science or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience with Node.js or Python or related language, showcasing a portfolio of projects or contributions.
- Knowledge of database design, capable of managing future design and performance tuning.
- A basic understanding of React and its integration with backend services.
- Experience with or willingness to learn CI/CD practices, as well as GCP services management.
- An aptitude for service architecture, including principles of scalability, reliability, and security.
- A self-starter attitude, with a strong desire and willingness to learn and master new technologies.
- If you think something is built wrong, we listen. We want someone with opinions.
Is This You?
If you think you are a good fit for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume and anything else you would like to share with us.